The Marketing Specialist will be responsible for implementing the enterprise’s marketing strategies, assisting with campaign development, analyzing the effectiveness of each campaign, and developing demand generation programs. Successful individuals will play an integral role as a competent professional able to grasp buyer behavior trends and generate creative ideas. They will be equally confident and competent using traditional and digital marketing approaches. They will use their marketing expertise to help create promotional materials, sales tactics, and other department activities. They are an integral part of the development and execution of marketing plans designed to reach target populations. Ultimately, the professional marketing specialist will help build a solid brand reputation, generate growth, secure customer loyalty, and increase profitability.
In this course, you will learn the required skills to help define your organization’s marketing strategies. We will review the most current marketing best practices and explore the mechanics for delivering marketing support . Also, a portion of this course will help you develop the essential workplace skills you need to accomplish your daily responsibilities and achieve long-term career success. These skills include communication dynamics, professionally interacting with co-workers, contributing to teams, and maintaining professional ethics.
The course is designed to prepare learners for the SkilledNow Certified Marketing Specialist test and earn the designation, Certified Marketing Specialist, SkilledNow-MS. The goal is for the learner to be job-ready for an entry level position in marketing.
The marketing specialist should be passionate about marketing and well-versed in specialized
marketing concepts, principles and tactics to fulfill the responsibilities:
- Assist in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various
areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning etc.).
- Research and analyze a variety of marketing information, including market trends,
competitor offerings, product specifications, and demographic data.
- Act as a go-to resource for up-to-date, accurate research and market information.
- Present findings to marketing teams to help guide the direction and activities of the
- Collaborate with creative teams to come up with branding ideas, advertising copy, graphic
designs, and promotional materials.
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate consistent brand image
and marketing programs that enhance the customer journey and customer experience.
- Work closely with and support the sales team on demand generation and advancing the
customer through their journey that adhere to brand guidelines.
- Help enforce brand marketing guidelines throughout each product to create a cohesive feel
to each campaign.
- Collaborate with marketing teammates to support website design and content marketing
(blog, social media assets, and more).
- Work with external vendors to implement promotional events and campaigns.
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns.
- Help bring new ideas for design and content creation to the team using your expertise and
eye for great design.
- Write compelling copy for the web, advertising, email, newsletters, social media, and
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help
shape future marketing strategies.
- Use the tools of the trade and marketing technology to effectively manage tasks, maintain
customer information, conduct surveys, implement and analyze campaign results.