Negotiating is a basic process in human life and a fundamental part of any business. The process involves resolving differences, coming to an agreement, and meeting goals. Negotiating is complex, time consuming, and often frustrating. Consequently, to negotiate well requires a number of different skills, which are outlined in detail in this course.
Negotiating takes many forms. Whether you are building a project or delivering support, this course will give you a basic skill level to negotiate any situation. You will learn what the traits of a successful negotiator are, how to prepare for a negotiation, how to make the right impression, and how to close a deal. This interactive workshop includes techniques for effective communication and provides techniques for turning conflict into problem solving.
• How common negotiation is and the value of good negotiation skills
• Various negotiation styles along with the advantages and disadvantages
• How to decide when to use manipulation and not persuasion
• Techniques for getting persuasive presentations and conversations started
• How to use the Five-S framework to make a persuasive presentation
• How to deal with tough or unfair tactics
Don’t have an account?